Hercules has released a new control panel for DJ Console MK2, to simplify the settings of DJ Console MK2.
All panels let the DJ
- Set the balance and the volume on output ½ and ¾
- Select the audio sources as being the computer or external audio sources
- Lock the audio source selection
- Choose the recording source on input 1 / 2 between line in and microphone in
The main panel lets the DJ:
- Set a talk-over attenuation (-3dB, -6dB or -9dB)
- See whether the microphone input is on air
- See the headphones mode
- Select the audio Mode as WDM or ASIO
In case the DJ selects ASIO as Audio Mode, the additional options are:
- sampling rate (44100Hz or 48000Hz)
- sampling step (16-bit or 24-bit)
- buffer size (steps stored in cache memory: at 44100Hz, 441 as buffer size means 441/44100 = 0.01s, a 10 ms buffer)
If the sampling step is 24-bit, the input channel 3/4 is not available.
The advanced panel proposes additional options for advanced users:
- use an external mixer
- lock the cross fader (if you plug DJ Console MK2 in a mixer, you use the mixer cross fader)
- change the cross fader curve
- activate the mushroom in mouse mode
These options are for other software than VirtualDJ (VDJ integrates directly such options).
The “About” panel lets you read the drivers and firmware version.
Friday, January 20, 2006